Your Heart Chakra, is your fourth energy center, and is the bridge that unites the mind, body and spirit. When this chakra is open you’re able to easily give and receive love, forgive and be compassionate towards yourself and others. If it’s blocked, it can cause your chakras to be out of alignment affecting your ability to easily have those experiences. When this happens, using an affirmation can help. We’ve created this list of 20 powerful heart chakra affirmations to help you open, heal and rebalance your heart chakra.
Why Use An Affirmation?
Our daily thoughts and emotions create our reality and by regularly reprogramming your subconscious thoughts and releasing old stuck energies, you can create amazing new results in your life. Affirmations are one way you can help to heal those old patterns and blocked emotions. Read more about how affirmations work here in our related article 47 Positive affirmations for happiness.
A Few Tips On How To Use Affirmations For Heart Chakra Healing
- To get started with using affirmations to heal and balance your chakra’s it’s helpful to imagine and focus on each chakra individually. Your heart chakra, is in the middle of your chest, as you say your affirmation imagine a beautiful green or pink light in the shape of a wheel circulating clock wise as it clears and cleanses out the old trapped energy. Imagine the light getting brighter and radiating more and more light.
- As you say your affirmations, call up a feeling of love and let it flow through to your heart centre, then let it radiate and flow through your entire being,and body.
- Use a simplified and gentle EFT (emotional freedom technique), by tapping lightly in the middle of your chest as you repeat your affirmations.
- Say your affirmations out loud twice daily in combination with focused intention, tapping and calling up the feeling of love.
20 Powerful, Healing and Energizing Heart Chakra Affirmations
1. “I am grateful for all of my blessings.”
2. “I am loved because I was born.”
3. “My feelings are safe.”
4. “I choose joy, compassion, and love.”
5. “I am willing to love life and let life love me.”
6. “I am free to love and be loved.”
7. “I am creating loving and balanced relationships that are good for me.”
8. “It is safe for me to be in a loving relationship.”
9. “I deeply, and completely, love and accept myself.”
10. “I am free, peaceful and balanced”
11. “I am worthy, and worth it.”
12. “I am safe to love and be loved.”
13. “I love myself unconditionally, and offer the same love to others.”
14. “I am open to love, and receive more of it every day.”
15. “Love is my truth and guiding light”
16. “I am love, I am peace, I am light.”
17. “I am easily able to give love freely and accept it openly”
18. “I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
19. “I am living in balance, with grace and ease.”
20. “I am open to living a life filled with love. I give and receive love effortlessly and unconditionally”
Quick Overview of The Heart Chakra
- Location: 4th Energy Centre in the middle of the chest
- Connected with: Love, connection, joy, inner peace, compassion, forgiveness
- Colour Association: Green and Pink
- Healing Stones & Crystals: Aventurine, Rose Quartz, Rhodonite, malachite, Rhodonite
- Essential Oils: Rose, Jasmine, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang
10 Ways To Balance and Heal Your Heart Chakra
Besides using affirmation’s there are several other things you can do to open, balance and support your heart chakra.
1. Practice Self-love
- Practice loving and accepting yourself no matter what.
- Incorporate daily self care into your life.
- Learn how to make loving choices that honour your deepest needs and values.
- Write a love letter to yourself.
- Observe your daily thoughts and be kind to yourself as you heal any negative self talk.
- Observe your emotions and allow yourself to feel and process them without judgement.
2. Practice Gratitude
- Look around your life and find things to appreciate and be thankful for. Start a gratitude journal, and write down five things everyday you are grateful for.
- Read the book The Magic – by Rhonda Bryne it’s all about practicing gratitude and the exercises really help to open you up to living the energy of love and appreciation.
3. Be Colourful
- Green is the traditional color associated with the fourth chakra, however pink can also be used to heal and open this energy center.
- Get out and connect with nature – sit under a tree, lay in the grass, breathe in the fresh air.
- Wear pink or green clothing.
- Eat healthy green foods like a green smoothie, wheat grass juice, or green leafy vegetables.
- The loving kindness meditation, helps to open up the heart by cultivating the four qualities of love: friendliness (Metta), compassion (Karuna), appreciative joy (Mudita), and equanimity (Upekkha) for ourselves and others. This is a foundational practice that the more you do it, the more connected and joyful you will feel. Metta has been been studied extensively in regards to its many proven benefits.
- Try a Guided Chakra Healing Meditation – See our list of the 10 best here.
5. Crystal Healing
- Meditate, wear or put crystals around your home – pink or green crystals such as Aventurine, Rose Quartz, Rhodonite, Malachite, Rhodonite, Emerald or Green Fluorite.
6. Practice Forgiveness
- Not being able to let go of the trapped emotions of the past is one of the biggest blocks to experiencing a loving present moment. Take steps to clear and let go of old past hurts, anger and regrets. Letting go doesn’t mean that what happened was ok, it just means you are no longer carrying your past into the future with you.
- Read a helpful book – One of my favourites is Becoming Supernatural by Dr. Joe Dispenza, he talks alot about our emotional addictions and gives helpful advice and meditations to help overcome them. Check it out on Amazon here.
- Do a forgiveness ritual – a simple one is to write down what happened on a piece of paper, why you are angry, what you wished would’ve happened, what you have learned and how you are now willing to let it go. Meditate on it, light a candle then burn the letter (in a fire proof bowl outside) or rip it up.
7. Essential Oils
8. Yoga Poses
Try heart charka opening yoga poses such as eagle, camel, wheel and cobra.
9. Let Your Heart Be Light
10. Be Love
Love, love, love then love some more! Practice love, and opening up to giving and receiving unconditional love to yourself and to others.
When the heart chakra is in balance it is a beautiful feeling. Being able to give and receive love and experience the world more joyfully is something we all deserve to feel. We hope that you use these heart chakra affirmations to heal, balance and re-energize your heart and reclaim the perfect love that is your birthright. Namaste!
You Might Also Enjoy
We hope you found these 10 heart chakra affirmations helpful. Save this for later on Pinterest!
Some recommended products may use affiliate links. In particular as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This will not cost you anything or increase prices. This does not affect our reviews, which are as impartial as possible.