Crystals are popping up everywhere and are more than just pretty to look at. They’re also one of the best ways to enhance your daily meditation. Especially, for anyone just starting out, meditating with crystals for beginners can deepen your practice. While raising your consciousness and supporting your overall inner wellbeing.
For thousands of years crystals have been used for their healing properties. When used as a meditation tool, they can help amplify the process. Clearing negative energy and restoring harmony to the mind, body and spirit. They can also help the beginner to magnetize an certain intention, or to simply feel more relaxed and grounded in their meditation practice.
Benefits Of Meditating With Crystals
Incorporating the energy of healing crystals and stones into your meditation routine can:
- Help a beginner calm a wandering mind by giving them something to focus on.
- Help you feel more grounded and peaceful. Allowing you to go deeper into your meditation.
- Activate intuition and insight to your specific intentions.
- Raise your consciousness and deepen awareness.
- Helps to balance, clear and cleanse negative energies. Improving your overall sense of mental, physical, and spiritual health.
How To Choose a Crystal for Meditation
As a beginner ,choosing the right crystal can be daunting. After once you start looking, the choices are seemingly endless. However deciding which crystal is much simpler than you think. Everyone will be different but if you keep the following key points in mind when choosing your stones you’ll be all set:
- The intention that you want to set.
- The outcome or result that you want to attract.
- Your own intuition.
First, begin by determining your purpose or the outcome.
What do you want to experience? What you want to focus on or attract into your life right now? Is it love, abundance, less anxiety and more inner peace?
Whatever you want, you will find that there are certain crystals aligned with different healing properties and energies. Once you know the purpose you can choose the crystal that will be the most correct for you.
We’ve listed our top crystals to start with below. However, at the end of the day, you will find that there are many stones for many purposes. So don’t stress too much over which one to go with.
There is no wrong way to pick the right crystal for you.
The most important thing you can do is to tune into the energy of the healing stone. Then trust your own intuition, once you feel a connection with one.
How to Use Meditation Crystals to Amplify Your Intention
After you have determined your purpose you can pick your crystal. Then next, cleanse it and program it with your intention.
Cleansing Your Crystals and Healing Stones
There are several ways to clear your crystals and give them a fresh start before you begin using them. Crystals absorb energies so make it a point to cleanse as needed or on a regular basis.
How to cleanse:
- Sage Smudge: Light a sage wand and place in a fire proof bowl. Hold your crystal over the bowl, letting the smoke rises around it. Set a focused intention to clear any negative energies from it.
- Sunbath: Set your stone outside to recharge in the sun for at least 4 hours. Some crystals are sensitive so make sure to research if your particular stone can tolerate sunlight.
- Salt: This is one of my favorite ways to cleanse a crystal. Simply place on bed of sea salt and lay crystals on top for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Water Bath: Run alternating cold and hot water over your stones for several minutes. Note that some stones are damaged by water so make sure to check yours before using this method.
- Moon Bath: Charge over night under a full moon or for at least 4 hours.
- Sound Bath: To transmute all previous energies stored within, ring 2 bells together over the crystal or use a crystal sound healing bowl near it.
Programming Your Crystal
Hold your crystal in your hands and allow its energetic properties to flow through you and permeate your meditation space. Visualize in as much detail as you can what you want your end result to be. Focusing on how the outcome will feel as much as possible.
Whatever your intention is, speak the words in a uplifting and postitive way. Using only the words that reflect what you want to happen, not what you don’t want. Next begin your meditation, allowing your focus to remain on your intention.
Keep yourself present and allow new insights and awareness to come to you. For a more intense experience, pair your crystal with clear quartz. Which is said to increase the healing energies of other crystals.
Where To Put Your Crystals When Meditating
There are several ways you can place your crystals when meditating. You can hold it in your hands, place it near you, wear it as jewelry or lay them on your body.
Everyone’s preference will be different. Try different places and go what feels the most right for you at the time.
Holding Meditation Crystals In Your Hands
For complete beginners, there is no reason not to keep it simple. Holding a clear crystal quartz in one hand and in the other a stone for whatever you want your intended outcome to be.
Laying Healing Stones and Crystals on the Body
Placing stones or crystals in or around your body can help the healing properties to activate specific energy centers in the body. This method is especially good for cleansing and clearing the chakras during the meditation.
If you want to try this method, chose stones that correlate with each chakra. Once you have chosen, place them on the corresponding energy centre on your body.
Meditation Stones for The 7 Chakras
- Root Chakra: Red and black crystals, such as Red Garnet, Smoky Quartz, or Black Onyx.
- Sacral Chakra: Orange stones, such as Carnelian, Orange Calcite or Tiger’s Eye.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: Yellow healing stones such as Citrine, Yellow Jasper or Pyrite.
- Heart Chakra: Pink or green Crystals such as Aventurine, Rose Quartz or Rhodonite
- Throat Chakra: Blue crystals or stones such Lapis Azul, Sodalite, Blue Apatite or Aquamarine
- Third Eye Chakra: Indigo colored gemstones such as Fluorite, Lapis Lazuli, Angelite or Sodalite
- Crown Chakra: Clear or purple stones such as Clear Quartz, Moonstone, Amethyst or Selenite
The 5 Top Crystals Good For Beginners Meditation
For beginners, working with Clear Quartz is one of the best crystals you can start with. In fact, if we had to choose just one, this would be our top choice.
Also known as the “Master Healer” on all levels, physically, spiritually and emotionally. Clear Quartz is easily programmed with your intention and works to bring focus and clarity to your practice.
This healing stone, also amplifies the energies of other crystals you pair with it making it ideal for any meditative intent. It can also be used on any chakra meditation to heal and balance the mind, body and spirit.
Meditate with with Clear Quartz if your intention is to: clear your mind, amplify your intention, clear energy blockages, get a fresh start or new perspective.
This stone is one of the most abundant crystals on earth and is perfect for elevating your consciousness and connection to the divine during meditation.
Selenite, is our second choice for must have crystals in your collection for its universal and protective properties. Use in meditation to clear the mind and body of negative energies and blockages.
Meditate with Selenite if your intention is to: connect with source energy or spirit guides, gain insights, keep things flowing or expanding your consciousness.
Amethyst is known as the stone of contentment and is considered one most powerful and versatile crystals for meditation. With natural healing properties that are excellent for relieving stress and calming anxious thoughts.
Amethyst, can transmute negative energies which can help you to et go of things that no longer serve you, such as negative thoughts, habits and addictions. Excellent for clearing the mind, bringing awareness, intuition and connection to the universe.
Meditate with Amethyst if your intention is to: gain inner peace and wisdom, increase creativity, connection to spirit and psychic abilities.
Rose quartz is the stone of the heart chakra, unconditional love, self-care and compassion. Embodying all elements of love including self-love, romantic love and the love of family, friends and community.
When used in meditation Rose Quartz helps restore a sense of calm and harmony to your practice. Bringing the meditator and deeper sense of harmony, peace and joy.
Meditate with Rose Quartz if your intention is to: cultivate or attract love, repair a relationship, beauty or compassion.
Known as the light maker. Citrine is a manifestation stone for growth, abundance and happiness. What’s unique about this stone is that unlike other crystals, it doesn’t store any negative energy. Instead it transmutes and radiates light. Opening the energy of the user up to a wide range of positive possibilities.
Meditate with Citrine if your intention is to: attract abundance, prosperity, positive energy or increase your sense of purpose and personal power.
How to Start Meditating with Crystals
After you have chosen your crystal you can begin your meditation. There are several meditation methods to choose from. For a list the best techniques for beginners you can read our post 5 Easy Meditation techniques for beginners.
Remember there is no wrong way to meditate so don’t get to hung up on being perfect. To get started using crystals in your practice, you can begin by using the simple one below:
1. First, begin by finding a quiet space somewhere you feel comfortable, peaceful and relaxed.
2. Next, place your chosen stones nearby and allow yourself to just sit quietly and settle in.
3. Gently close your eyes and focus on your breath. Breathing in through your nose for 6 seconds and out through your mouth for 6 seconds. Allow your entire body to feel relaxed and let calm wash over you.
4. Pick up your crystals and hold each one comfortably in your hands. Allow yourself to connect with the stones by focusing your energy and intention on each crystal.
6. Imagine energy and light emanating from your crystals. See it radiating outward, through your body and into your meditation space.
7. Begin visualizing and focusing on the feeing of your intention.
8. Keep your breathing steady and calm. Quiet your mind and sit with your crystals as long as you feel you need to.
9. When you feel complete, place your hands in your hearts space in the middle of your chest. Express your gratitude for yourself, for the divne and thank your crystals for supporting you.
10. Bring your awareness back into your body and gently flutter open your eyes. Feel the ground beneath your body, breath in and out and allow yourself to reconnect with the earth.
11. Write down any insights or Aha moments that may have come up for you during your experience.
At the end of the day…
You don’t have to be an expert on crystals to use them in your spiritual practices. You just have to be willing to open your heart and mind to new experiences. If you’re curious about meditating with crystals and you’re a beginner why not give it a try and see for yourself. Namaste!
We hope you found this guide to meditating with crystals for beginners helpful! Save this for later on Pinterest!
Some recommended products may use affiliate links. In particular as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This will not cost you anything or increase prices. This does not affect our reviews, which are as impartial as possible.