There’s nothing like meditating with an amethyst crystal to help you relax, clear your mind and connect to the divine within. Amethyst is said to possess many spiritual properties and has been used for centuries by mystics in sacred ceremonies and in meditation. If you’re drawn to using crystals in your meditation practice, we’ll show you how to meditate with amethyst so you can enjoy it’s many benefits for yourself.
Meditating with amethyst can be a simple or as involved as you like. You can set a simple intention, sit or sleep with your stone before you begin, hold the amethyst in your palm, place it on a chakra point, meditate with it in silence or use it to amplify a guided meditation.
The Benefits Of Using Amethyst In Meditation
- Helps to activate the third eye and crown chakra, increasing spiritual awareness and a higher state of consciousness.
- Promotes serenity, clarity and calms anxious thoughts. Allowing you to reach a deep, peaceful meditative state, faster and easier.
- Enhances intuition and connection to the divine.
- Supports and re-enforces you in manifesting your intentions.
Here are our favorite ways to use this beautiful, healing stone in your practice.
How To Meditate With Amethyst
Step 1: Clearing Your Amethyst Stone
Crystals absorb energies, so if your stone is brand new or hasn’t been used in a while its a good idea to clear and charge your stone before using it in your meditation.
There are several ways to clear your crystals and give them a fresh start before you begin using them:
- Smudging With Sage or Incense: To use this method, light a sage wand or Incense Stick and place in a fire proof bowl. Hold your crystal over the bowl and as the smoke rises up set a focused intention to clear any negative energies from it.
- Sunshine or Moonbath: Set your stone outside to recharge in the sun or a full moon for at least 4 hours. Some crystals are sensitive so make sure to research if your particular stone can tolerate sunlight.
- Salt: This is one of my favorite ways and probably easiest ways to cleanse a crystal. Simply lay your crystal on top of a bed of sea salt for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Water Bath: Hold your stone under alternating cold and hot water for several minutes. Note that for amethyst, this method is fine however some stones can be damaged by water so make sure to check before using this method with other crystals
- Sound Bath: Crystal healing bowls are excellent for transmuting negative energies. Or you can also simply ring 2 bells together over your crystal. We love using this Crystal Healing Bowl available on Amazon Here.
Step 2: Charge and Program Your Amethyst
Once it is cleansed the next step is programming and charging your Amethyst. There are no hard or fast rules, so you can spend as much or as little time as you want doing this. Some people even sleep sleep with their crystal before they program it. Go with what feels most right for you.
One of the quickest was to program your stone, is to simply decide what you want to intend with your crystal.
What do you want to manifest? A greater sense of peace? A deeper connection to yourself and the divine? Wisdom or more clarity in a certain situation in your life?
Once you have decided, the next step is hold your stone in your hands and visualize. In this step, make sure you put in as much detail as you can. Focus on what you want your end result to be, and how it will feel once your intention is achieved.
Once your crystal has been cleansed and programmed, you can begin meditating with it.
1. Begin by finding a quiet meditation space. You can choose to get cozy on a meditation cushion set or sit anywhere that you feel comfortable, relaxed and at peace. For a list of the best meditation cushions sets for the most comfort read our post here.
2. Place your amethyst healing stone nearby and allow yourself to just be in the moment. Take a few deep breaths, relax your shoulders and settle into your body and your mediation space.
3. Gently allow your eyes to close and tune into your breath. Breath in through your nose for 6 seconds and out through your mouth for 6 seconds. From the top of your head to the tips of your toes, allow your whole body to relax. Allow a sense of calm wash over your entire being.
4. Pick up your crystal and hold it in your left hand. Feel its energy and begin to connect with your crystal by focusing on your intention. If you want to make the experience even more epic, meditate by sitting next to a large amethyst geode here on Amazon.
6. Imagine energy and light emanating from your amethyst healing stone. See purple light radiating, through your body and outward into your meditation space.
7. Next, begin visualizing and focusing on the feeling of your intention. Tune into the feeling, amplify it and turn it up as much as you can.
8. Relax into your experience, keeping your breath steady and calm. Sitting in peace with your crystal as long as feels right for you.
9. Once you feel like your meditation is complete, take one more deep breath in and let it out. Place your hands in your heart space in the middle of your chest. Express your gratitude for yourself, your amethyst and for the divine presence supporting you.
10. Ground yourself by slowly bringing your awareness back into your body. Allow your eyes to gently flutter open. Feel the ground beneath your body, breath in and out and allow yourself to reconnect with the earth.
11. Finally, it can be helpful to write down any insights that may have come up for you during your experience.
Final Thoughts On Meditating With Amethyst
The deep purple of the amethyst has captured many hearts with its sparkling beauty and mystical properties. This stone is wonderful for spiritual protection, clarity of mind and divine connection. Because of its association with both the third eye and crown chakra it’s a classic meditation tool enabling you to deeply tune into your highest self.
We’re constantly engaging with the energies that surround us. Allowing ourselves to be more deeply connected to the divine though nature and the crystals found within it can be a rewarding experience. Whether you want to expand your consciousness, improve your intuition or simply calm and release negative thoughts. Learning how to meditate with Amethyst can support you in doing so. So why not give it a try? Namaste!
You Might Also Enjoy
Save this guide on how to meditate with amethyst for later on Pinterest
Some recommended products may use affiliate links. In particular as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This will not cost you anything or increase prices. This does not affect our reviews, which are as impartial as possible.