As more women become conscious of what they are putting in their body, more are also becoming discerning with what they are putting on their body. While there have always been options for body products that are clean and perform well, its taken some time for make up to catch up. Foundation in particular, has been one of the toughest items to get right. The good news is that today there are now some great options. If you are ready to have a glowing complexion, here are our top 11 ultra hydrating natural foundations for dry skin.
Before we deep dive into our favorite picks, its important to note that just because a product is labeled natural doesn’t mean it gets an automatic pass as safe and good for you and your skin. The FDA has some very convoluted and vague criteria on what exactly constitutes a natural product.
In fact, as along as the bulk of the material is natural then it can be labeled natural. Which can be misleading as there can also be added synthetic ingredients and parabens. Its always a good idea to check labels for listed ingredients and look for seals like Natrue or COSMOS Natural , Ecocert which allow only 5% synthetics in formulas.
Experts recommend that instead of seeking the natural label look for “clean beauty” which is more likely to be non-toxic and ethically sourced. You can also fact check any product on EWG.org for a full ingredient list and their safety rating. Also its important to note and be aware of your own personal sensitivities. Even though a product is labeled as non-toxic, it doesn’t mean that you can’t experience a reaction to it.
You want makeup that:
- Gives a flawless finish
- Covers dark circles, redness, spots and blemishes
- Goes on smoothly and lasts all day
- Won’t settle into fine lines, pores or dry, flaky patches
- Makes your skin look healthy, radiant and glowing
1. Jane Iredale Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream
- Full coverage
- Dewey and radiant finish
- SPF 25 or 17 (UVA/UVB) protection
- Applies beautifully with a blender or makeup brush
- Water resistant up to 40 minutes
- Smooths and brightens skin
This is a great foundation if you need fuller coverage but still want a nice radiant glow. Formulated with ingredients like apple Extract, which helps to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This is one product where less is more! If you find that you are experiencing a cakey texture try applying primer first and then use only a pea size amount with a foundation brush and build from there.
2. Vapour Organic Beauty Atmosphere Luminous Foundation
- Full Coverage
- Stick application, great for on the go!
- Considered a cult favourite
- Can also be used as a concealer
- Great for sensitive, dry, mature skin types
- Contains antioxidants like frankincense, Tulsi and Lotus flowers.
This is a high performing, luxury foundation and a favorite of professional makeup artists across the globe. Vapour uses their light reflective technology to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores. The finish is luminous, glowing and natural. Formulated with 70% certified organic ingredients and 30% natural pigments and vitamins, it’s one of the cleanest products on the market today.
3. W3LL PEOPLE – Natural Bio Tint Multi-Action Moisturizer SPF 30
- Light to medium coverage
- Dewey finish
- SPF 30
- Active Phytonutrients
- Cruelty free
This plant based moisturizer and foundation leaves a glowing and natural finish. Formulated with bio peptides to boost collagen, it also helps to correct imperfections. Ingredients include, organic coconut hydrates, broccoli seed oil and organic ginseng.
Best Ingredients To Heal and Soothe Dry Skin
The key is to combat dry skin both inside and out. Make sure that you stay well hydrated, get a good nights sleep and avoid alcohol. Incorporate a healthy balanced diet with plenty of healthy fats like avocados, olive oil and fatty fish that are high in omega-3’s like salmon.
- Aloe vera
- Hyaluronic acid
- Plant oils: Borage seed, Argan, Evening primrose, Sea buckthorn and Broccoli Seed
- Essential oils of Frankincense, Sandalwood, and Carrot seed
- Antioxidants: Acai and Pomegranate
4. Juice Beauty Phyto-pigments Flawless Serum Foundation
- Serum and foundation in one
- Buildable medium to full coverage
- Radiant finish
- Age defying formula with resveratrol, fruit stem cells, vitamins C and E
- Will not settle into fine lines.
Juice beauty and Gwyneth Paltrow collaborated to create a dewey and flawless finish foundation. Contains concentrated plant derived phyto-pigments to help give skin a smoother and more youthful appearance. For best results use with primer, shake well before using and apply with a foundation brush to build coverage. Available in 10 shades it’s vegan and cruelty free without silicons.
5. Kjaer Weis Foundation
- Formulated for sensitive delicate skin
- Customizable coverage
- Melts Into skin
- Cream application
- Semi-matte finish
A luxury brand favoured by make up artists, with natural and organic ingredients leave a flawless finish and beautiful glowing skin. Contains hydrating and age-defying ingredients such as sweet almond seed, coco, and jojoba oils. Light to medium coverage, apply with fingers or a foundation brush. The formulation is creamy and blendable with a semi matte finish. Use with a serum and primer for best results.
6. Alima Pure Liquid Silk Foundation
- Moisturizing Formula
- Sheer coverage, that you can build
- Great for sensitive skin
Great for anyone that wants to enhance their skin without hiding it. Alina Pure offers 10 shades of sheer coverage that you can build up anywhere you need it. Contains ingredients like hyaluronic acid, argon oil and coconut oil that help to heal, repair and protect the skin.
Routine For Healing Dry Skin
Here are a few simple steps you can take to heal your dry skin and make it feel, healthy and radiant:
- Wash your face with a cream cleanser for sensitive or dry skin
- Use a gentle exfoliator 1x a week
- Apply a hydrating masque 1x a week
- Avoid toners or use ones that don’t contain any alcohol, like rose water or witch hazel
- Use cream based moisturizers
- Protect yourself from excess sun exposure
7. RMS Beauty “Un” Cover-Up
- Flexible light weight coverage
- Can be used as a concealer or foundation
- Hydrating formula with a radiant finish
Created by celebrity makeup artist Rose-Marie Swiift, after she spent years researching the negative effects of chemicals in beauty products. This product melts into the skin covering imperfections and minimizing redness. For those that want sheer to light coverage, this “un” coverup is formulated to moisturize and never looks cakey or dry.
8. Pacifica Beauty Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream
- Sheer coverage
- Light weight formula
- Natural glow finish
- Floral stem cells
- Coconut water
This sheer mineral based formula is designed to be to true multi-tasker, to hydrate, prime, illuminate and perfect bare skin. Contains rose leaf cell extracts, kelp and coconut water to support moisture, while helping to diminish fine lines and pores. This for anyone that wants a more natural look.
9. Vapour Organic Beauty Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation
- Light-weight, breathable formula
- Radiant finish
- Organic Ingredients
- Good for sensitive skin
A cult favorite of beauty bloggers and professional make up artists. This foundation has a “soft focus” formula that blends beautifully into skin leaving a radiant, glowing finish. Contains essential fatty acids and organic plant oils with Frankincense ,Tulsi and Lotus that help soothe, calm and protect sensitive skin.
Make-up And Prep For A Flawless Finish
- Cleanse face with a cream based cleaner
- Mist with a moisturizing toner
- Apply serum
- Apply moisturizer
- Apply primer
- Apply foundation or a multi tasking product like a tinted moisturizer
- Sweep on a light dusting of powder on shiny areas (avoid any dry patches)
- Apply highlighter, bronzer and cream blush
10. Dr. Hauschka New Collection Foundation
- Natural finish
- Light weight, good for daytime
- Sheer coverage
- Good for sensitive skin
This light weight foundation is more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation, and is good for those who would like sheer daytime coverage. For best results and a finish that leaves you glowing apply with a serum and a primer underneath. Formulated with medicinal plants and natural oils like pomegranate and macadamia nut. This is a good one to try if you suffer from acne, rosacea or sensitive skin.
11. Gressa Skin Organic Minimalist Corrective Serum Foundation
- 3 in 1 product serum, skincare and make up
- Packed with mulit-vitamins
- Coverage sheer to medium
- Organic ingredients
- Melts into skin
This unique serum formula contains raw mineral pigments and is dispensed via a dropper. Delivering nearly full coverage, those in the know swear you’ll come away with the most flawless and healthy finish ever. Contains natural and organic ingredients like broccoli seed oil to hydrate and repair skin.
Whatever your situation is with dry skin, you can still look great and have beautiful glowing skin. We hope that you find this article helpful and that you find your perfect natural foundation!
Don’t forget to pin us on Pinterest!